- Members Sign in
- 08442 640 750
Spring clean your weight loss!
It’s nearly time for the clocks to go forward, meaning Spring is well and truly on the horizon.
And while you may be preparing to dust off the cobwebs and have a sort out around your home, there’s also no better time to give your weight loss a spring clean too!
Slimavite nutritionist Melanie Bibby explains; “The lighter, warmer days of Spring offer a fantastic opportunity for slimmers to revitalise their weight loss plans and put a spring back in their step.
“With more opportunities to enjoy the sunshine and to get outdoors, there are a number of ways you can look to boost your diet and exercise plans. Take a look at our top tips below, as they may help you head towards summer feeling more positive, motivated and reinvigorated to achieve your goals.”
Top tips for spring cleaning your weight loss
• Firstly, remind yourself why you’re losing weight and how it will feel to reach your goal. If you wrote down your goals when you first start slimming, look back over them to remind yourself how far you’ve come
• Try something new every week – grab at least one different fruit or vegetable when you pop along to do your main weekly shop. You may find a new love among all those rows of choice!
• Think about starting a new hobby that’s active – this doesn’t have to mean hitting the gym, it could be as simple as joining friends for a weekly walk or swim, joining a local dance class or a new exercise DVD if you prefer to get fit at home
• Inspired cooking – experiment with different ways of cooking foods. For example, rather than boiling a handful of new potatoes, how about chopping them into slices, sprinkling with dried chillies and chopped garlic and frying using a low calorie spray. Yum!
• Active weekend – plan days out in your free time which are active. Fill your mind with amazing views and images, by going to a beach, forest, climbing a hill, walking along the river or local landmark, or by visiting somewhere you’ve never been before
• Spice it up – bring a different flavour to your meals. Herbs and spices are a fantastic and easy way to make meals extra tasty
• A recipe for success – expand your culinary repertoire! Check out some new recipes and try something different
(Image credit: Ambro / www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1499)